7.23.2007

Blue Mound goodness

Well I missed out on helping trailwork/ride the Subaru Cup course. Bruce yelled at me for not being there and said the climbing will be more brutal than last year @ Devil's Head. 1.5-2.0 miles of continuous switchback climbing. Hopefully the repeats up Blue Mound park with the 32x17 will have paid off.
Speaking of Blue Mound. I did get to roll out the door for a 63 miler to Blue Mound and back by way of the rail trail. Hit Quarry Ridge on the out and back to break up the monotony, and tore up some of the Blue Mound goodness while out there. If you shy away from the mound because you are scared of rocks, the new chunk of trail across the road is worth a visit. The pleasure valley/over lode section is very mid-atlantic in style. Fast and flowing, with more climbing than the rest of the network out there. It is almost as though the rocks didn't want to cross the road. The fast and swoopy corners will berm in naturally after they have more tire on them, so go ride. Trying to get amped up here for the last week of build before my August peak. I almost feel too rested today like I want to break legs off. By Friday I should hope I have spent this energy.

No comments: