4.14.2008

Str8t h8t

I had some random disco song floating around in my head all morning on Saturday, and knew it would spell D-O-O-M for my H8TR performance. Luckily I was able to force a switch to the much more applicable "Straight Hate" from Sepultura during the neutral roll out. That's better.

I was shown rather quickly when we arrived @ Midvale that I don't have much for throttle response yet, but did feel quite comfortable pushing a working pace. That is probably about right for where I should be right now: no race specific acceleration, but very comfy on the bike in general. I ended up trading pulls with RonK for the majority of the race. We never caught the chasers but we made good time when we arrived back in town. Sped through town with a group consisting of Ron, myself, Aris (or one of them Peterses), Fang, and a couple others I don't know. I made a bad call when we got to Brearly and yelled "left"! Aris and one other followed and we were immediately caught at a light, so we lost the rest of the group for the remainder. I rolled into the lot around ?10th? I believe, with tennis ball sized knots of H8T in my hamstrings.

50 miles of western Dane yesterday was sufficient to work out the knots while cashing what was left of my legs simultaneously. It's a good time for a rest week. Tonight I inject the Kona with Stans and Blue Blood in preparation for next week,..... or the week after.

No comments: