9.29.2008

Autumnal Awakenings


Two months worth of late season sloth, beer, and VW wrenching make for a painful start to the CX season. I understand that cross is supposed to hurt, but you are supposed to be able to accelerate out of corners while embracing the hurt. I just plain hurt. I couldn't even use the big ring on the first half of the course yesterday. My silly decision to pose as an expert mountain bike racer put me in Cat 3 Cyclocross this year with the new rules. That would have been OK if I had continued to pour on the miles like I was before the Cicadas started singing. I was pulled from finishing the last lap after James and his Trocadero(sp?) homie lapped me on the techie hillside. I was kind of bummed since my back had finally quit screaming at me and I was having fun with the course.

There was some good in there though. The course was super fun, we got to see many faces we have missed the last couple of months, and I came out of it motivated to get fast again. I have finally surrendered to the reality that the motor has to come out of the bus to get some loving. It won't be full time camp ready until next season. So now I get to put the beer and the wrench down and work on my own motor instead. November is what it's all about anyway right?

Sheri snapped a bunch of photos of both days of racing. They are up at OGMG.

No comments: