10.31.2008

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

This article was printed 15 years ago. 15 years before the straight talk express took a detour through the trailer park in a desperate effort to giddy-up some votes. It is really quite sad that a man like McCain, coming from the honor and prestige of a long successful career, can turn himself into a complete joke in just a few short months. A week before he chose Sarah Palin as his running mate, I could defend McCain honestly in debate. Playing the fair handed and thoughtful voter, I went so far as arguing a case in support of him to Sheri. Of course, no honest thinking person could support these clowns after their serial insults to the intelligence of the American people. Back in the day, my beefs with McCain were limited to his pro-lifing and nation building. Now I find him totally unfit for office. He can't even display any longer an ability to make decisions or conduct himself like a grownup, much less a commander-in-chief or statesman.

We went to vote last night in a line that took just over an hour to get through. There were not many others standing in that line that were over 30. This is Madison (i.e. the fake America), so while that observation may not mean much, you can go see for yourself what your lines look like. Thanks to early voting, we have been able to watch Blinky and Winky go down in flames in real time.

3 comments:

The Shed Master said...

HA!HA! I only had to wait for 40 minutes today. Hopefully when I vote twice again on Tuesday (WI has me registered 3 times!) I'll have an even shorter wait.

Tim said...

I started the timer when I dropped the coins in the meter and stopped when I put the key in the ignition... time elapsed - 15 minutes. I knew I was fastest at something!

tosacrosser said...

45 minutes for moi.