8.27.2007

Look what god did to me...

I was hoping that once you have a certain number of SS miles in, all your receptors for pain just give up and bother someone else.

Even though a bunch of "mountain bikers" were complaining that the Smokin' Spoke course was too bumpy, I thought it was pretty bitching. RangerElvis hooked us up with some first rate camping digs also. So this weekend was set to be a high for this season when my left knee started ripping (or something) 15 miles into the race yesterday. I couldn't transmit any force to the pedal with my left leg without my knee feeling like it was going to fold. So I rode the rest of the lap one-legged trying to figure out what this meant or how I did it or what I was going to do. Eventually I turned in my ticket and dnf'd for the first time since 97'. I may have been able to finish but it wouldn't have been very smart. Besides, I have to save myself for the rest of the season since I'm hearing we will be having some heavy company.

No comments: