9.07.2007

SSCX 2007


The Poprad has done its good deeds having sat beneath me for around 1600 commuting miles and a bit of training. As a reward I have stripped it of gears and other superfluous parts in preparation for the fast coming CX season. It will be my first, but I am psyched. While these WORS races are fun, they tend to eat an entire weekend. My impression of cyclocross racing is that I can be slogging through the mud on Sunday morning at 180bpm, and watching football Sunday afternoon in my scooby pants. That sounds good to me.
We are headed out to Kewaskum tomorrow morning and I think I finally have my focus back on the racing. I have been fighting a bit of burnout the last 3 races. The many laps at Blue Mound over labor day helped to bring it back I think. Fast solo laps, recreational riding with friends and team mates, and just sitting around drinking beers; it was all like getting a big hug. Go get em' champ.


No comments: