5.18.2008

600 milligrams

That's how much ibuprofen I just consumed. I slammed my body into some trees today while trying to lay it on too thick. Once pretty violently, enough to shake me up a bit and lose a bunch of time. I went from 15mph to zero in half a second and my left lower leg took the hit. I did have my best start yet though. After my crash I started losing it and Jerry was able to catch me and walk away for good in the singletrack after the last set of climbs. I'm happy with how I dealt with adversity and am pretty stoked about the race. I did forget to eat again and that didn't help my already shaky final lap. This course at Lake Geneva is the cat's ass and a super gnarly dirt roller coaster. Loved it. The Racing Ralph 2.4s were brilliant, even if 15psi up front may have been a bit squirmy late in the race. Quite possible though that it was me that was getting squirmy. 4th again, and moved up a couple more spots in the Comp field. Big thanks to the Chainsmokers injured reserve for the handups, company, and encouragement.
Sheri took up the slack again and brought home 2nd in her age group and 5th of a large Cit women's field. She was taking them to church!

I think I'll give that a try before the season is up.

Rowan followed Russell's lead and napped through his race. He did however clean the paved hill behind the building heading into the venue. He was standing and grunting, pushing that gear. I was a proud Daddy.

4 comments:

Mad Trix said...

Nice work Kerry. At least one guy seemed to love it. You really seemed to be in your element today. See ya @
Wausau. Or New Fane?

The Shed Master said...

While I didn't nap, I did enjoy a couple of High Lifes.

Kerry said...

Yeah, it sounded like you guys were having more fun than we were.

amelia said...

awesome job both of you!