5.09.2008

Suffering

I met a Monk about 10 years ago that summed up for me in a few words what the path to enlightenment is. He said all you have to do is remove suffering from your life, and defined this suffering as "the feeling of the difference between the way things are and the way you would like them to be." I liked that. It makes sense to me and now I reference it all the time (and find ways to introduce new forms of suffering into my life).

I would say, then, that Hillary has long strayed from the path to enlightenment. This contest isn't over only because she really, really, really, really, wants to be president. And isn't that enough? She has become as dismissive of reality as a Bush cabinet member. I read a comment somewhere on politico that put it like this:

“Hillary has become the town-drunk who refuses to leave the bar at 4 am, and ends up getting beaten up by the cops.”

True. So why do her friends keep feeding her Vodka Tonics? Oh that's right, she is spending her own money now.

No comments: