6.16.2008

Free your mind....

...and your ass will follow. One would think that coming into a race with low expectations would lead to zero disappointment in the outcome. Not so. The truth is that the low expectations are part of the problem, perhaps even the root. More saddle time and less bitching is forthcoming. The Jaberwocky is awesome even though I wasn't having much fun on it's shakedown ride. I'll be putting a boinger on it when it arrives at Willy tomorrow and calling it done.

Sheri didn't get any photos of me because I'm a quitter, but these guys were representing.When I was trying not to tip over, the Daves were some of the first to come by me with some words of encouragement. Then they killed it together for 2 hours. I want to be like them when I grow up, minus 26 gear choices of course.
I think I will be skipping the race at Suamico next week and playing superfan/babysitter while Mom lays it down for the Cit women. I'll we be using the trails though to dial in the bike and get a bunch of off-road miles in. I'm putting some Hi-rez focus on the SS champs race and the 12 hours @ Blue Mound, with Eau Claire sandwiched in there. It is also time for some weekday racing to keep the motivation fresh. The WORS Comp SS points race should be interesting all year, and the class has been populated with a bunch of fast guys each race. I'm happy that I went with my gut and didn't upgrade. I think I need a couple more years of miles on my legs and quite a bit more experience. I'm getting better at learning to enjoy the journey. It is becoming easier for me to span time gracefully with my family. The ride could not be what it is if it weren't for every individual root and rock.

No comments: