12.19.2007

Climbing back up to Zero

Being sick for a month pretty much obliterated much of my planned prep work. Saturday's 3hour snow ride and an hour in the trainer last night have me feeling ready to move on since I was able to complete both rides without extended coughing fits. This leaves me with not quite 3 weeks of prep time before Base to attempt 3 different peak periods through the WORS series. Following a Friel type plan last year was working out great for me until injuries kind of derailed my season. Reality of course says that ANY riding, with or without structure would have helped me last year, but I was really doing it to accustom myself to a plan. 2008 however, won't show me the huge % increase that 2007 did without sticking to a plan. So far 08 is looking like this:

Can't see it? Well, that's a shame. Whatever. I believe that over extension provides some heuristic function. I also enjoy plastering colorful things to look at around my work place. The great thing about using Excel for your training plan is that it looks like you are working. Want to geek out on your training? Read the book, and check here for the spreadsheet.

No comments: