1.24.2008

Choices - and what it takes....

Breakfast:

Bagel w/ cream cheese 500 calories
OJ 110 calories

Cheerios, banana and skim milk 290 calories
Tropicana light and healthy OJ 50 calories

Snack:

Glazed cruller from Krispy Cream (always something like this in the lounge, and it's evil)
240 calories

Kiwi and half a granola bar 120 calories

Lunch:

Quizno's Turkey Ranch Swiss, chips, and drink
990 calories

Leftover Kashi pizza and yogurt 375 calories

P.M. Snack:

Fudge Nut brownie some chick from mar/com brought in
550 calories

Other half of granola bar and banana 150 calories

Dinner:

Meat loaf, mac and cheese, garlic mashed potatoes and corn bread
1090 calories

Steamed brussel sprouts, rice and orange roughy
320 calories

Beverages:

2 Pabst Blue Ribbons 290 calories

Water 0 calories

Late Snack:

Leftover hot wings your brother made 400 calories

Wheat bagel w/ Nutella off the bike 280 calories

Diet A: 4170 calories. This is an example of how I was eating last winter.(except that I drank beer that was made for grown folks) Nope, I never got close to a good climbing weight.

Diet B: 1585 calories. This is what I am closer to this year. I'm not there yet, as the occasional fist full of some unplanned junk pushes this number up between 2000 and 2500 on most days. "They" say that optimal body weight for an endurance athlete is near what you weighed as a high school senior (if you weren't a fat kid). At my current rate of loss I should know by late March/early April how close I can get to that. If I can actually hit 140, I would be hauling 15lbs less up the repeated rollers at Iola. At this weight I should still be able to military press Michael Rasmussen 20 times.

No comments: