1.02.2008

What's that ya say?

As anti climatic as it should have been, 2007 has poured me into a new place. Sunday had me in fits as my mind is ready to attack but my body isn't ready. I jumped in the trainer to start establishing some zones, 40 minutes and 1 6 minute effort at max had me dizzy and staggering. I couldn't even stay on the bike for an hour. Fighting infection takes more out of you than I had thought. Tonight I will re-assess as I would really like to have some power zones roughly chiseled out before base 1-1 next week.
I have also had it with only being able to hear from one side. I really didn't realize how disabling it was until I came back to work today. It makes me feel numb, like someone could be behind me poking me with a sharp stick and I may not notice. As it happens, most people are only milling about, trying to put off doing any real work until next week. I'm down with that, since it lessens the chance that someone might take advantage of my numbed state and stage an attack. I am a former rolling chair racing champion though, so if anything does go down I should be able to flee.

No comments: