1.28.2008

The Great Equalizer

Sheri and I have a sitter for Rowan that comes once a week for 4 hours, either Saturday or Sunday. This allows us to have some grown-up sanity maintenance time, and we get to ride together. We have had some difficulty however riding together while both staying on whatever the pace for the day is. I can't soft pedal for 4 hours, and Sheri can't hammer for 20 minutes to keep up then yell at me(well we can and have, but it could be more fun).

As a solution I finished putting the Raleigh together with a 33x18 and some huge and heavy tires. Then hooked up the Burley trailer and tossed 45lbs of weights in it. It worked, in fact it was more effective that I would have liked it to be. I had to push pretty hard to keep up. I've put in plenty of miles pulling the weighted trailer in the past, but it is a different thing in the snow with monster truck tires. So, three hours later I was starving and whining, crawling home like an wounded animal. All in all, a great way to end a big base week right before a rest week. I put myself in the hole right proper.

Speaking of the fastest chick on our block, Sheri's new ride will be with us soon. In the name of fit and function, it will have smaller wheels than planned. On the upside, those wheels will be propelled by only one gear. When it gets here, I get to hang out in the basement for a few hours and drink beer while watching a girl build a bike.

1 comment:

The Shed Master said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

Sheri will now be that much cooler than you.