2.24.2008

Good Answer

About not wearing an American flag lapel pin, Obama said Republicans have no lock on patriotism.
"A party that presided over a war in which our troops did not get the body armor they needed, or were sending troops over who were untrained because of poor planning, or are not fulfilling the veterans' benefits that these troops need when they come home, or are undermining our Constitution with warrantless wiretaps that are unnecessary?
"That is a debate I am very happy to have. We'll see what the American people think is the true definition of patriotism."

Full text here.

4 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

So our government does a horrible job at handling the veterans health care and yet we want them to take over our entire Health Care system?

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind that decision?

Kerry said...

Actually the VA system runs pretty well until you push it into the red because you want your war on the cheap. Soldiers and sailors burdened with 4 and 5 back to back deployments is only the tip of the iceberg. The entire system is strapped.

Mountaingoat said...

My dad has been in the VA system for years, I know how it runs.

I find it disappointing that if it was the republican Congress who destroyed it why didn't the Deomcrats in Congress do anything to stop it? It took the press to dig up the problems. Just goes to show that it's both sides that don't really care until they're caught.

Kerry said...

You won't find me defending the Democrats in Congress and all of things they haven't done. I agree.