2.04.2008

Ford, give me strength....

Nobody needs me to tell them that this January was pretty brutal. Winter is no big deal if your greatest worries are leaving the house 5 minutes earlier to scrape the windows, or wanting to cockpunch the man when you get the heat bill. But it can be a real pain in the ass when you are trying to get in 16 hours of riding in a week with an average high of the same number. In any case I'm rolling on and it still feels good. 600miles (half of which are "real" miles) and 152lbs indicate that I'm on track. I don't have enough experience with the power meter to have extracted any truly useful data yet, and it doesn't help that I spent this past weekend with a nasty case of food poisoning when I should have been power testing. At least these things happen on rest weeks, and there is nothing like a bit of food poisoning to curb your appetite for a while. What the power meter has been useful for is quickly telling me when I'm not feeling so hot on the bike. Now that I'm through that first base period things can get a bit more interesting with some force/muscle tension stuff thrown in. Too bad none of this work will get me anywhere, since training is for losers and racing is totally 4 years ago. But I don't believe a word of it and I refuse to age quietly.



Speaking of believing, the real superbowl is tomorrow. That means I get to spend this evening on the phone talking to the voters of Georgia about this guy. If you are tired of paying for a system that isn't working, maybe you should help too.

No comments: