7.15.2008

Doping and Poison Ivy

We attempted to sit and watch the first real mountain stage of the TDF last night recorded earlier on the DVR. Even with the ability to zip through commercials, we couldn't stay awake through the end. It takes these non-dopers way too long to climb those damn mountains. I woke up later just in time to see that some narrow-assed Italian climber won the stage. I could have guessed that and went to bed early.

On our ride on Saturday, Ryan and I discovered rather quickly that the first few ungroomed miles of the H8TR trail are not ridable in July. The weeds were taller than us but I insisted we power through it and go looking for Charlie anyway. I have been rewarded for my tenacity with my first allergic reaction to poison ivy. I may be showing up to my first Expert race with legs that look like stubbly rotisserie chicken drumsticks. I am a dumbass.

No comments: