7.04.2008

Tagged.....

Apparently I've been tagged. Thanks Amelia. My posts are pretty random anyway, so here is some numbered randomness.

1. Rowan likes to give Moonkee wet willies. Before you say "awww, that poor cat.", remember the cat has no damn job.

2. Speaking of Raptors, we were woke up this morning by the dreaded Kinderaptor at the buttcrack of dawn. Much like a bear attack, the best defense is to lie still and stay quite. I am much better at this tactic than Mom is, so she usually takes the brunt of the attacks.

3. At the time trials Wednesday night, I threw my bike in the truck with disgust and took off home after 1 lap. There are days like that on the bike, it was not a good one. I must be subject to some manstral cycle, because it seems to happen about once a month.

4. I played guitar in a punk band in high school. We had a bunch of original material, but also did covers from the Misfits, Dead Kennedys, and many other 80's punk classics. I did vocals on only one song, a cover of "Jesus Entering" by the Feederz. I won't link to it because it is more offensive than vomit. We didn't play at any weddings or graduation parties. We were members of the Racine/Kenosha area punk rock Elite for about 6 months though. We recorded a "Christmosh" album in Joe Cycenas' basement with a single microphone and a boombox in December of 1990. We are older than old school.

5. I have a new nephew born over a month ago that we have not driven to Racine to see yet. We have been selfishly bike racing and stuff, but it goes like that sometimes. My family in Racine seems pretty far away these days.

6. My first mountain biking experience was in 1995 in Jacksonville, FL. My old friend Pete Schiavone pushed a bike at me he had borrowed from his Dad. I think it had a kickstand on it, and didn't shift. It may have even been a woman's frame with the dropped top tube. I don't remember if it actually was, but I'll say it was just to complete the picture. He took me to Hanna Park near Mayport on the beach. They had about 8 miles of pretty fast rooted trails there, really fun stuff. I dropped Pete pretty quick with a big ass grin on my face. No helmet, no shirt, no water. I bent the shit out of that bike. The handlebar, fork and wheels couldn't be saved. Within a year I was racing in Florida, albeit getting my ass kicked. Thanks Pete.

The tagging stops here, we are packing for a bike race. The people I might tag will probably be there in real life.

Happy Independence Day. Don't let them do that to you.

No comments: