10.22.2007

And I'm not even Catholic

I'm fostering a terrible sense of guilt for not racing Gibbs lake cross yesterday. What has happened to me? As punishment they gave my belt buckle to the Goat. Really though, I was out to try the Masters 30+ race in the afternoon. Longer race and all the fast people would be there. By the time I had the parts together to have the bike ready it was too late to get there in time. That's what happens when old people such as myself try to stay up until the wee hours for an entire weekend. So rather than race we had another long family ride around Madison while Rowan napped in the trailer. It was too nice out for cross anyway, we should have plenty of miserable days coming for that. The cross bike(and my legs) be twitchin' for action.

Now that the WORS season is over and the banquet wrapped up I'm retiring the WORS kit. If I were young and single I would probably continue on with the WORS posse, but with a full family of racers now and lots to do it would be a recipe for burnout. After speaking with Pete and Bill Saturday night, I think next year we will be a family of Chainsmokers. They have their sights on being more a force to be reckoned with in the team competitions, and I would love to help. Hopefully that orange and blue kit will be 10 minutes faster.

1 comment:

Mountaingoat said...

You should have made it out yesterday, that course was awesome.

Halloween cross this Sunday.