10.26.2007

Bill and Ted's Most Excellent Adventure


Not being completely absorbed by all things bike, I've been thinking about other things that have me looking forward to next year. I think about next year's presidential election like an 8 year old thinks about Christmas(oh sorry, the holidays). When I think about it I'm taken over by a wave of 90's nostalgia. The times when the pants were obnoxiously baggy, pop music was quirky and cute in a slovenly way, naughty presidents only got themselves in trouble, and "liberal" wasn't a dirty word.


If the 90's had a baseball card it would be easy to put up ol' Bill as the face of the decade, but as Prez his actions were too guarded(in public anyway) to be as adorable as he is capable of. My pick would have to be Ted Turner.

"Men should be barred from public office for 100 years in every part of the world...The men have had millions of years where we've been running things. We've screwed it up hopelessly. Let's give it to the women"

Ted was a good old fashioned liberal kicker of asses. He is the grampa I would love to have. "Grampa, tell me about how North Korea is a good country because they all ride bikes." Mainstream media has been nutless since he lost control of CNN and allowed Murdoch to set the tone. Just to get a taste again, I feel like wading through all the FIBs just to get myself a Bison steak.

1 comment:

tosacrosser said...

Pinko commie liberal bastard Turner, he should be strung up by his balls. Probably doesn't even believe in Jesus as his savior.